As Publications Chair, I have the opportunity to witness directly the challenges of our relatively new editor.
Admittedly, I have a bias; that being: Shorter is sweeter.
I feel protective of our editors and the volunteers that devote their time and energy to AAP. I am very committed to keeping the positions manageable and fun. To that end, I encourage you to present your material for the Newsletter in a clear, succinct, and well-edited form. For example, get someone you know who is meticulous and grammatically evolved to read your article before you send it to be published.
As a couple of examples of concise writing, here you go:
Do you think my mind is maturing late, or simply rotted early?
Ogden Nash
Ogden Nash
Geeks are people who love something so much that all the details matter.
Marissa Mayer, CEO of Yahoo
Marissa Mayer, CEO of Yahoo
While I’m at it, if you want to be sure that your submissions to the Newsletter are published, send them as a Word Document to Academynewsletter@gmail.com rather than to Linda’s personal email.
Your Faithful Publications Chair,
David Loftis
EDITOR's NOTE: The above article with signature is only 179 words!
No comments:
Post a Comment